We take your privacy seriously. It’s critical to us that you can feel confident to pass on all personal details to ensure correct care is selected for you.
Beyond our code of ethics, we protect your privacy in the following ways.
- We refuse to use HICAPS because clauses in their agreements allow access to all our patients personal records, even if you are not a health fund member.
- All our staff sign confidentiality agreements that your private details will not passed outside the practice. These extend beyond the term of their employment.
- We have written agreements with our laboratories to ensure the limited details we pass to them remain private or are destroyed.
- Records are only passed on with your written consent or by referral to a specialist you agree to be referred to.
- We hold personal information in a combination of secure computer storage facilities and paper-based files, models and other physical formats. We take steps to protect the personal information we hold from misuse, loss, unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
- When we consider any personal information is no longer needed, we will remove any details that will identify you or we will securely destroy the records.
- Information about you given to us by you via this website will be treated the same as our existing patients and only be used to contact you related to the enquiry you have made.
All information provided in any form by our staff and representatives, or displayed in our advertisements, including (without limitation) references to procedures, results of treatment, timing of treatment and estimates of costs, is non-specific and always subject to a comprehensive oral examination by a dentist, a diagnostic work-up, radiographic examination, and assessment by a medical practitioner or specialist, as may be required, and at an associated cost and timeframe. Treatment possibilities will vary from patient to patient.
The content of the Smile Doctor web site is provided for general information purposes only. Because of variations of each persons situations, no claim can made as to the accuracy or authenticity of the content of the website for you as an individual.
Smile Doctor does not accept any liability to any person for the information or advice (or the use of such information or advice) which is provided on this website or incorporated into it by reference. The information on the Smile Doctor website is provided on the basis that all persons accessing the site undertake responsibility for assessing the relevance and accuracy of its content.
No responsibility is taken for any information or services which may appear on any linked websites.
Phone: 1300 887 674
Post: 129 Barrenjoey Road, Mona Vale